Advancing Architecture, Building Competencies Association of Consulting Architects Nigerian
Membership Requirements

Membership of the Association of Consulting Architects is open to ARCON registered private architectural practices. Member Firms are represented by a maximum of two (2) architects (one of which must be a Principal Partner or Director) who must be members of Nigeria Institute of Architects (NIA) and registered by the Architects Registration Council Of Nigeria (ARCON).

In order for a practice to be a member of ACAN, a Principal Partner or Director within that practice has to be an architect who is listed on the register of ARCON and also a member of the NIA.

Member Firms must be corporate with a minimum of 60% shareholding by Nigeria architect(s) who are fully registered with the NIA and ARCON provided that the remaining 40% is held by professionals in the building industry who are fully registered members of professional bodies established by an act of the National Assembly of Nigeria.

Members Firms will in addition required to show evidence of professional works.

Members shall be required to pay an initial registration fee for the Firm and then annual subscription fees for Firm’s representatives as determined by the council from time to time.